Sonnenschein® A500 top-terminal 2-volt, 4-volt, 6-volt, 8-volt, and 12-volt bloc batteries are industry-proven power solutions for a variety of telecommunications, UPS, electric utility and general-purpose applications. Superior design principles across a wide capacity range ensure long life and solid discharge performance.
- Nominal Capacity Range: 1.2 – 200 amp-hours @ 68°F / 20°C
- Design Life: 10-12 years @ 68°F / 20°C Eurobat Classification
- High-quality lead-calcium alloy for enhanced corrosion resistance
- Shelf life up to 2 years @ 68°F / 20°C without recharge
- Fully recyclable
Features & Benefits
Non-spillable (no water addition or electrolyte maintenance required). Satisfies transportation regulations set forth by IATA, DGR, and clause A67.
- ABS (1.2 – 16 amp-hours)
- Polypropylene (25 – 200 amp-hours)
Varies by model type: G-M5, G-M6, A-Terminal, F-M10, S-4.8
- UL-recognized component
- Designed in accordance with IEC 60896-21/-22
- DIN standards
- GOST standards
- VdS standards (select models)
What is GEL (VRLA)?
Gel technology is a type VRLA battery where the liquid electrolyte is suspended in a fumed silica gelling agent causing it to partially solidify. The gelling agent offers superior resistance to…